ABOUT THE LIBRARY
The Hon'ble Judge's Library of the High Court of Meghalaya has a collection of approximately 17,000 documents which includes books, reports, Government publication both Central and State.
The users of the Library are the Hon'ble Judges, Officers and Staff of the Registry and occasionally some Senior Advocates.
The Judge's Library also maintains workable collections in three residential Libraries of the Hon'ble Judges.
The Library aims at providing quick reference service to cater to information requirements of the Hon'ble Judges besides providing references during Court proceedings.
COLLECTION OF THE LIBRARY
JOURNALS SUBSCRIBED :-
1. GLT (Gauhati Law Times)
2. SCC (Supreme Court Cases)
3. SCC (CRIMINAL) (Supreme Court Cases Criminal)
4. CCL (Current Central Legislation)
5. AIR (All India Reporter)
6. CRLJ (Criminal Law Journal)
7. AIR (SCW) (All India Reporter : Supreme Court Weekly)
8. GLR (Gauhati Law Reports)
9. ACJ (Accident and Claims Journal)
10. TAC (Transport and Accident Cases)
11. NEJ (North East Judgements)
12. MLJ (Meghalaya Judgements)
1. All England Law Reports
2. U.S Supreme Court Reports
ENCYCLOPEDIAS AND DIGESTS:-
1. Halsbury Laws of England
2. U.S Supreme Court Digest
3. Words and Phrases
4. Law Lexicon
5. Corpus Juris Secundum
1. Gazette of India
2. Gazette of Meghalaya
NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES:-
Currently subscribing to 9 newspapers including local, regional and national newspapers and 3 (three) magazines.
BOUND JOURNALS/BOOKS AND COMMENTARIES
The library has a collection of the above mentioned journals which have been bound over the years. As such it is a growing Library and aims at being the best repository of legal information and knowledge in order to facilitate better research in the field of law in the state.